This is the perfect time to grow herbs with your little ones, cook & play together!
Ingredients (makes 1):
- handful fresh pea shoots
- 3-4 slices raw carrot
- 2 slices cucumber
- 1 mini Babybel cheese
- Harvest the pea shoots from your fairy kitchen garden by cutting near the base of the stem with kitchen scissors.
- Place the pea shoots into a cardboard muffin cup or small bowl.
- Using mini bento cutters, cut flower shapes from the carrot & cucumber slices.
- Add the carrot and cucumber flowers to the pea shoots, arranging them on top to look like growing flowers.
- Make the Babybel ladybird. Start by removing the outer wrapper from the cheese, leaving the wax layer intact.
- Using a small round cutter, cut a semicircle from one side of the wax for the head, then remove the wax, leaving the cheese intact.
- Cut a sharp triangle from the wax, point side towards the semi-circle you just removed. This will form the wings.
- Using a tiny round cutter or the end of a drinking straw, cut dots from the wax and remove.
- Add two of the wax dots back onto the cheese in the head area to form the eyes.
- Pop the cheese ladybird on top of the salad to decorate, then serve immediately.